Blue Footed Boobies to Blue Sky Days in Telluride

Do I sound a little UP?? Well, I should be as I just recieved my lastest blood results!! I won't beat around the bush, everything is doing quite well. This doesn't mean much to everyone, but my IGG was actually lower this time (981) then it was in Nov. (1150) Also the M spike ( which is a big indicator) went from 3.93 last summer to 0.9 as of 2 days ago. No need to bore you with the details. Suffice to say that at the moment all is going well. Very Well.

In fact, for those of you who follow the ski racing part, you should know that I was actually able to WIN the GS Championship for my age group in the Rocky Mountain Div. of USSA Masters Program. http://www.rmmskiracing.orgWhat a surprise!!! Now it's on to Slalom for the next month with U.S. Nationals thrown in the middle of it all and then the final SL Championships the end of March.

Did I mention blue sky days in Telluride? Well, the past 3 days have been unbelievable with temps. in the high 30's and tons of fresh beautiful powder. Today I hiked to a new area that just opened this year and it is absolutely incredible. The hike took us about an hour and a half up to 13100 ft. to the top of Palmyra Peak. The view was absolutely spectacular!! One can honestly say that Telluride http://www.tellurideskiresort.com/ now has some of the most awesome "hike to" skiing in North America. As most of you know, I've been lucky to ski all over the world and I would say that this ranks right up there with the best of them.
So how about a few pictures!!!

After an hour and a half we finally reached the summit.





If you look closely, you can see 2 small figures at the very top. That's where we were about 20 minutes earlier. We skiied the chute to the left of the rock ridge.

The final chute to the finish.

Looks like we are home for a few weeks now so I'm afraid there won't be much in the way of updates. I hope everyone is having as good a winter as we are.

ENJOY IT!