
Dina, Gus, and Jake
Last Weds. was not a good day at the ranch. To put it simply, I lost my horse, Dina. We're not exactly sure what happened, but we think she had a heart attack and then some severe injuries. In any event, we had to put her down. She was 21. Dina was an amazing horse. I have been riding her ( as many of you know) for 15 years working cattle and trail riding and not once has she made a mistake or acted up in any way. I could ride her the first day of spring and you would think she had been ridden all winter. Absolutely no surprises. Ever. She was alwats energetic and willing to go. She was the matriarch of the barn and kept the other horses in line. In fact the day of her passing, both Pat and Tonka ( the other 2 horses) were lost. They wouldn't go out to eat and just stood in the paddock looking for her. They truely missed her. I will miss her also.
On another note, we are now in AZ preparing for Susan's ablation procedure on Friday. If all goes well, no more drugs for tachycardia. I'll keep you posted.
Remember
Enjoy Everyday