Indian Summer in Colorado

I know I sound like a broken record, but it's hard to believe Susan and I are pretty much back to normal and living our normal oh um lifestyle here in southern Colorado. Did I say ho um. Right!!!!


What a wonderful fall it's been. As I mentioned, we travelled to Lafayette for Elizabeth's and Liam's birthday which included a quick visit from Sandy also. It was great to see him and have us all together even if it was only for a few days.


We returned home to 65 degree weather, several rounds of golf down in Montrose and many days of riding as we approach the busy fall round up season. In fact, this week should be a busy one on horse back as we will be clearing all the pastures here on the mesa ( approx 7000 acres) and driving the entire herd to Norwood next Sat.. ( about a 15 mile trek)



While both Susan and I have been enjoying the indian summer, it hasn't helped the ski area prepare for winter. It's hard to imagine that they will open in about 10 days. Having said that I've been working out everyday in preparation for the first races of the season, Dec 15, 16!!!! Hopefully I'll be ready to go!http://www.rmmskiracing.org/


Next week we head back to Lafayette for Thanksgiving! Happy turkeyday to everyone.


Here are a few pictures of our Oct weekend: