It looks like my numbers have decided to spike abit so here we go again. I met with the Doc today ( exactly one year ago I went in for my second transplant) to discuss what options I have now that I am no longer a candidate for transplants. As it turns out, there are several options available, but there is one that should give me many more years of quality life and then believe it or not they have another drug ( currently being worked on ) that will probably be available after this one wears out. ( which will eventually happen)
Soooo, as of next week I will begin taking Revlimid and Dexamethasone. Here's a link for those that are interested, but suffice to say the whole thing sort of becomes a chronic disease maintenance program. I can live with that.
The good news is that the Dex is a steroid, so I'll be all set for ski season. Gee, I just hope I don't get drug tested. They'd throw me in the klink!
All kidding aside, I'm very fortunate to have some of the best people in the country looking after me and so far I've had a good run at something that most people don't do so well at.
www.multiplemyeloma.org/treatments/3.08.02.php
Anyway, there you have it. I'm not to sure when I'll offer medical updates so be patient and enjoy the other updates about stuff that is a lot more fun.
Speaking of that, Susan and I are having a grand ol time playing house in Scottsdale in amongst Dr.s appointments. We even went out and purchased a new washer and dryer. I didn't realize how stressful that could be. Nor did I have any idea how expensive patio furniture could be.
Until next time remember--
Enjoy Everyday!!!!